Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sexy Smoky Eyes In Your 40’s


Sex and the City Premiere in NYC

The other day a friend and fellow beauty blogger asked me for a few tips on wearing a smoky eye in your 40’s. I’m in my 40’s and still love a smoky eye although I usually go for a softer version and not the traditional dark and smoky. I absolutely love the look but going for a light gunmetal, lavender or a bronze tone is much sexier as we get a little older and still captures the very essence of a smoky eye.

As in the case of SATC, the show and movie. Funny enough right after I shared my tips I found myself at the movies watching the much anticipated flick and noticed immediately that I was not alone. All of the gals with the exception of Kristin Davis could be seen throughout most of the movie sporting a smoky eye.

The colors were soft but beautiful and all of the make up artists were on point with there color choices. Kim Cattrall had her personal make up artist Kyra Panchenko to give her sexy smoky eyes and cat eyes that could not be missed. She never went too dark but her smoky eyes were gorgeous. Kristin Davis had Nuria Sitja, who created her looks and Make up Department Head Marjorie Durand took care of Sara and Cynthia whose eyes were outstanding. Gold and Amber tones on Sara Jessica made her green eyes even more striking.

All of these women are in their 40’s and let me just tell you their make up was smokin’. Not to mention the fabulous clothing and accessories thanks to the brilliant Pat Fields. So in answer to anyone wondering whether a sexy smoky eye is appropriate for women in the 40’s? I say you better believe it baby!

For those of you looking to create gorgeous smoky eyes and cat eyes like the gals from Sex and The City but need a little help check out the Get in Line Eyeliner stencil kits at bethbenderbeauty.com.

xoxo,

B

No comments: