Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Attention Getting Eyes From Beth Bender & Cover Girl

Last week when I returned home from New York I got a last minute call from a client who was attending an important party and needed me to make her beautiful. I was on my way to Big Bear for New Years and didn't have my full kit with me but luckily had everything I needed except a mascara.
For any of you who have been reading our beauty blogs then you know how picky I am about mascara. Shu Uemura, Prescriptives and Dior are in the top three but they will now be joined by Covergirls Lash Blast Mascara which saved me this weekend and is the first over the counter mascara that actually does what it says.
While skimming through this months Lucky Magazine at CVS I happened to see a review from one of the beauty editors on Lash Blast. She said that she could not believe how amazing her lashes looked and for the money ($7.99) I was willing to give it a try.

I grabbed two tubes, and was off to work. Instead of the usual cat eye that my client loved, tonight she was all about the smoky eye. We decided to do a smoky eye in plum and mix in a medium purple for shading. I used All About me Eye Dust and a touch of Love Candy for shading and blending. I used her Get In Line Eyeliner kit to get the perfect smoky eye shape and perfect bottom eyeliner. Once the eyes were done we finished with the Lash Blast Mascara and wow!! Her lashes were long, full and totally maxed out like they promised.

lashblast_mascara_2.jpg

Cover Girls Lash Blast Mascara, available at CVS, Target, Kmart, Ulta and most drugstores

I took a tube with me to Big Bear and someone actually thought I was wearing false lashes. The brush is amazing and it doesn't clump when you are applying to your lashes. I think Cover Girl may have something here and for $7.99 you may want to stock up because once the word gets out they won't be able to keep this in stock.

xoxo,

B

No comments: