Friday, June 1, 2007

Beautiful Brows Made Easy

Whenever I make the trip back to New York I usually have a list of friends who are waiting for me to do their brows. I always set time aside and it’s a good excuse to catch up with the girls while I’m plucking and shaping. I got into brows while I was working with Bobbi and have become even more obsessed over the years.

A nicely shaped brow can make such a difference in the way you look and especially for anyone who loves to wear eye make-up. Whether your eyebrows are thick or thin. An unruly brow is an unhappy brow and that is where I come in.

I discovered Anastasia’s eyebrow stencils long before I had ever worked with her. I had tried many other eyebrow templates prior to using hers but they did not even come close. These eyebrow stencils are made from a soft pvc plastic similar to my eye liner stencils and that makes them very easy to use on any brow.

Each packet comes with four different templates depending on your brow size and the type of arch you want. They also come with step by step instructions on how to achieve the perfect brow. Her products are also available at most Sephora’s or on-line. She has everything from stencils to complete kits with everything you need including tweezers, scissor, color, brush, and of course the stencils. Anastasia always uses them when she is doing someone brows, and she is the eyebrow goddess in Hollywood.

I like using an eye brow stencil when I work because it allows you to see the hairs that need plucking and trimming. The best way to begin is by laying the stencil over your brow and filling in with brow color. Once you have done this your natural brow shape will be more prominent and you can begin to remove the hairs outside of the brow. The next step and only if needed is to trim any hairs that are slightly longer then the rest. Usually the hairs at the thicker part of the brow need trimming.

To do this you can use a spooly tool, which looks like a mascara wand or an old mascara wand wiped clean. Brush the brows upward and carefully trim the hairs that look longer than the rest. Making sure to keep then even with the rest of your brow. If you are doing this for the first time, go slowly. Once this is done brush eyebrows back into shape with wand and you are all set.

As the hairs begin to grow in you can keep up maintenance by removing them with a tweezer. Most gals can last up to six weeks and sometimes even two months before another visit.

As always feel free to email me personally if you have any questions.

That’s what I’m here for.

xoxo,

Beth

No comments: