Friday, June 1, 2007

Sexy Smoky Eyes Hawaiian Style

I know that I have been doing a lot of stories about smoky eyes, but lately that is what I have been doing a lot of when I am working. A lot of my clients and certain photographers I work with know that this is my specialty, along with lash enhancement, so that is what I usually get asked to do. And lately it seems like all the time.

Recently I was going through some of my old tear sheets from a few years ago and found a few pictures from a shoot that I had done in Hawaii. How nice it would be to be back there right about now. Anyway my very good friend E-Jay, The Creative Director of Body & Soul Cosmetics and an amazing artist and I worked together on the shoot. He insisted that I bring lots of my Get In Line Beauty Eyeliner Stencil System to use. He of course does a gorgeous smoky eye without needing the stencils, but loves to use them just the same. He has been a huge fan of the line and is responsible for getting it in the hands of so many celebrities everywhere. Needless to say I absolutely adore and love him!!

We decided to do something a little different and gave the models an Island feeling using tropical colors instead of the traditional dark shades that are usually used for a smoky eye. We mixed and layered colors and tinted the lashes to look as if the color was a flower on the eye. It looked beautiful and we were both so happy with the end result.

One of the things I always tell my clients is not be afraid to have fun and never be intimidated by make-up. Try something different and if you don’t like it, try something else. Even the best make-up artists can get frustrated and have days where nothing seems to work. We tried something we weren’t sure we would even like, or the client most importantly but we succeeded and had fun doing it.

xoxo,

Beth

P.S.: For anyone who has any questions about how to do a smoky eye, or needs advice on any beauty issues always feel free to email me personally at bethbenderbeauty@gmail.com

No comments: